This France tour is the perfect way to see the highlights of Paris plus Brittany, the Loire Valley, and the World War II landing beaches in Normandy in a short amount of time. Beautiful scenery combined with famous landmarks, charming châteaux, and fascinating history sum up this tour—with overpersons in Paris, Deauville, Caen, Mont St. Michel, and the Loire Valley.
World War II history comes to life as you focus on some of the locations involved in D-Day, June 6, 1944: Pointe du Hoc, the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach, Juno Beach, and more. Go even further back in history with a visit to the famous 8th-century Abbey of Mont St. Michel perched on a rocky isle; the jewel of the French Renaissance, Château Chambord in the Loire Valley, a huge castle with towers on all corners; and the 16th-century château of Catherine de Medici, Chenonceau, a fairytale castle complete with moat and towers.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Book early and save on 2021 rates. Please note Uplift payment options are available for these trips as well.
ARRIVE IN PARIS, FRANCEWelcome to Paris! At 5:30 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant and an orientation drive for a first impression of this magnificent city. Meal: Dinner
PARISIn the morning, an optional excursion to the impressive Palace and Gardens of Versailles, built by the “Sun King,” Louis XIV, is available. Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Opéra, Madeleine, Champs-Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame Cathedral. Visit the impressive COURTYARD of Les Invalides, a complex of buildings, originally built as a home and hospital for war veterans, which houses various museums as well as the Dome Church, burial place of Napoleon. Later, dinner and a lively cabaret show at one of Paris’ personclubs might just be the ticket! Meal: Breakfast
GIVERNYIn Giverny, a highlight visit has been included to CLAUDE MONET’S HOUSE AND GARDENS. The master of Impressionism created the flower- and water gardens himself, an inspiration for his famous water lily series. Continue to Rouen and admire the façade of the cathedral, which was one of Monet’s favorite subjects for his Series Paintings, where he captured how a subject was visually influenced by the ever-changing light. Twenty paintings of the cathedral existed, and many are today in Paris’ Orsay Museum. Time to stroll along the lovely cobblestoned Rue du Gros-Horloge leading to the square where Joan of Arc was burned in 1431. Arrive in Deauville, the seaside resort famous for its international film festival that became home to the French high society. Don’t forget to walk the Promenade des Planches, boards in tropical wood, built in 1923 so that the elegant ladies could walk on the beach without spoiling their dresses. Meal: Breakfast
NORMANDYFocus on the scene of the Allied Forces’ landing on D-Day, June 6, 1944. Stop first at POINTE DU HOC, then OMAHA BEACH to visit the CEMETERY and see the Monument to the Braves. Continue onto Gold Beach for a view of the Mulberry Harbor remains at Arromanches; at Juno Beach see Canada House, before taking pictures of the Pegasus Bridge. Proceed to Caen for your overperson stay. Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
MONT ST. MICHELOne of our FAVORITE places. In Bayeux, admire QUEEN MATILDA’S TAPESTRY, depicting in extraordinary detail William the Conqueror’s conquest of England. Time to further explore the town center before continuing to the Gulf of Saint-Malo. Look forward to a guided visit of the famous ABBEY OF MONT ST. MICHEL, with a history going back to the 8th century and spectacularly perched on a rocky isle. Overperson on the coast near Mont St. Michel. Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
LOIRE VALLEYDrive straight across Brittany to Angers, and take pictures of the impressive 13th-century castle. Then, continue your journey to the Loire Valley. Toperson, why not sample French cuisine at one of the area’s excellent restaurants? Meal: Breakfast
CHATEAU COUNTRYA wonderful day: visit two of the most important castles in the area. Start with the jewel of the French Renaissance, CHÂTEAU CHAMBORD, the largest castle in the Loire Valley, originally built to serve as a hunting lodge for Francis I. Next is the 16th-century château of Catherine de Medici, lovely CHENONCEAU. End this fascinating day with a Local Favorite WINE TASTING at the Père Auguste wine cellar in Civray de Touraine to learn about the local wines before returning to your hotel. Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
PARISReturn to Paris, with the possibility to join optional excursions to the magnificent Louvre Museum and to the artists’ hill of Montmartre, followed by a relaxing cruise on the beautiful Seine River, as a proper au revoir, Paris. Meal: Breakfast
AU REVOIR FRANCEYour vacation ends with breakfast this morning. Transport will escort you to the airport at your prospective time.
- Accommodations - 3 to 4 Star hotels
- Le Meridien Etoile
- Royal Barriere
- Mercure Caen Centre Port De Plaisance
- Mercure Mont St. Michel
- Oceania L'Univers
- Meals - 8 Breakfast, 4 three course dinners, including a welcome dinner
- Tour Guide
- Entry visa (if applicable)
- Any meals other than the ones stated in this itinerary
- Beverages at meals or any other meals not specified in this itinerary
- Optional tours/excursions
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, laundry, room service, etc.
Passport: A valid U.S. passport is required to travel to France and it must be valid for a minimum of six months after date of arrival.
To secure your booking, a non-refundable deposit of $400.00 is required. Your deposit amount will be deducted from your remaining balance. You may submit full payment at the time of booking or select a monthly payment plan for the remaining balance. Roommates must submit their deposit on the same day.
Yes. You have three payment options available to you:
1. Pay-in-full at the time of booking
2. Monthly payment arrangement in equal payments up to the date of final payment due.
3. Uplift Financing; 12 monthly payments *Please note, down payment required may be higher than our listed amount*
Travel protection is highly encouraged and will be provided as an option with the quote.
There is a $400.00 per traveler cancellation fee charged at the time of cancellation. Additional cancellation fees may apply depending on when the cancellation takes place. Fee may be waived under special circumstances.
Due to the nature of this trip, bring only soft sided bags (i.e. duffel bags, hiking and book bags). Suitcases and checked baggage are unsuitable. Retractable luggage carts are permissible. Baggage should not exceeding 15kgs and 65x46 cm.
We take your security very seriously. We utilize a third party for the following reasons.
1. We use the same booking system for our groups that we offer to our Clients.
2. To safeguard all parties against fraudulent bookings and request for refunds.
3. To keep your personal information protected. Only under certain circumstances do we request credit card information directly.
Under certain circumstances UpLift Financing is available. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the acceptance of your booking for this trip, we will require that you acknowledge all of our terms and conditions.
1. Health and Other Hazards: You agree that it is your personal decision to travel, and you are doing so with full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions with regards to the risks of COVID-19. We assume no responsibility for and shall not be liable for unsafe conditions or health hazards including pandemics or other illnesses. We have no special knowledge of dangers during travel or at destinations. For information related to such dangers, we recommend going to the State Department travel website at www.travel.state.gov, click on "Find International travel Information” then click on "Country Information", and fill in the name of the destination country. For medical and health information, we recommend going to the Centers for Disease Control website at www.cdc.gov/travel, then click on “Destinations” and scroll to the name of the destination country.
2. Rules of Travel Suppliers and Governments: We have no responsibility for COVID-19-related requirements that travel suppliers and governments may impose from time to time, such as health affidavit forms, health screenings prior to departure or upon arrival, face coverings, or quarantines. For the latest COVID-19 government travel regulations, we recommend going to IATA’s website at https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm. For the latest travel supplier requirements, check the supplier’s home page.
3. Financial Condition of Travel Suppliers: We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of travel suppliers or their failure to adhere to their own schedules, provide services or refunds, financial default, or failure to honor future trip credits. We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the suppliers, and we have no liability for recommending a trip credit in lieu of a refund.
4. Rebooking: If requested, we will assist with obtaining any refunds due or rebooking trips using future credits, but we will charge a nonrefundable fee for such services.
5. Insurance: For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation and travel accident insurance. Please note that, unless you buy a cancel-for-any-reason policy, most policies have a specific clause stating they do not cover epidemics and pandemics, especially when travel warnings are in place. No representation or description of the insurance made by our staff constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the insurance. You agree to hold us harmless for your election not to purchase travel insurance or for any denial of claim by travel insurer as it relates to COVID-19 or any other claim under the policy.
6. RELEASE: YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS AND DANGERS COVERED IN PARAGRAPHS 1-3 ABOVE, AND YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD US, AND OUR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, GUIDES, GROUP LEADERS, AND SUBCONTRACTORS HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTIONS, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND AND NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH YOU NOW HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE RISKS AND DANGERS.
7. Claims Deadline and Exclusive Jurisdiction: You agree to present any claims against us within 30 days after your trip ends and to file suit within one year of the incident, and you acknowledge that this expressly limits the applicable statute of limitations to one year. You agree that the courts in
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
Yes. A cancellation fee of $200.00 will be assessed per traveler for the cancellation of a trip. The fee will be collected at the effective time of cancellation.
Your trip is a significant investment, and we recommend the purchase of travel insurance. If you choose to decline this valuable protection, you are assuming any financial loss associated with your travel arrangements. By declining to purchase travel insurance you fully understand that your travel agent is not liable or responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of cancellation or interruption, emergency medical and transportation, baggage and personal effects, flight and travel accident, and/ or rental car physical damage.
All group excursions are quoted with travel protection included. Declining coverage won't change the cost of your trip.